Variety Mega Jam
This was exhausting but incredibly fun! My personal goal for the jam was to finish with the month of December, and to keep the total amount of work within 10 days. I ended up spending way more time than I expected on this, but in the end I met my goal! I might write more about this later; it was a wild, excellent experience.
For now, here’s a list of the games I made:
- day 1: typefight: fun! arcade typing with a twist.
- day 2: remains: story-driven. I’m really proud of what I was able to pull off with this one.
- day 3: Microwavea : a small simulation of some microwave design improvements.
- day 4: bakeshoppe: fun? a cook-serve-delicious-like.
- day 5: chickenswamp: a silly little puzzle game! I’m quite happy with how this one turned out.
- day 6: minetris: an arcade action mashup of minecraft and tetris. sounds like a meme, but I think it turned out really good somehow?
- day 7: textorio: factorio, except as a text adventure! Very unfinished, I burnt out before I could implement the cool things I wanted to experiment with.
- day 8: droqencake: a cake for droqen! :)
- day 9: violin: a violin simulator. disclaimer: bad, and not in a meme way. do not play if you know anything about violin because I’m sure it’s very wrong. This was mainly just me learning Godot.
- day 10: newyear: a tiny shooter made in one hour! I forced myself to only spend one hour on this 1. for fun, and 2. because I’d gone over my 10 day budget on the earlier games
I’m sorta floored by how well this went. A lot of these games aren’t very interesting, but somehow I’m really proud of how… three of them turned out?! That’s WAY higher than I was expecting. My favorites are Remains, Chickenswamp, and Minetris. Check them out! (also, Typefight is pretty good for a laugh!)